Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome!

This summer, I joined Twitter to promote my family-friendly science blog, Mama Joules. I expected to post about science - which I do - but then something unexpected happened. I discovered the #haikuchallenge offered by @baffled and suddenly, I found myself writing haiku. Historically, I haven't been a big fan of haiku, so this came as quite a surprise.

I've found that I enjoy writing these little poems. They bring a few moments of peace to my otherwise chaotic life. Through them, I have been given the opportunity to glimpse stars in my sugar bowl.

I'm not the most organized of people, so I thought it would be nice to have a place to collect my thoughts. Welcome to my virtual catchall drawer for snippets of poetry. I expect to update this blog irregularly as the muses move me.

Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments: